"Soylent: The Feminist Dream of the Victorian Age"

Soylent would probably be great for a bunker. Could live on it for years while hiding your guns from Obama.

2 Likes

I think bunker demographic would prefer to cook bacon on gun barrels.

1 Like

Sadly this isn’t true in some other countries (e.g., Saudi Arabia).

2 Likes

For the vast majority of the citizenry anyways. The house of Saud employs a servantry the size of a small country, so you can be pretty sure the women of the family are above housekeeping.

Honestly the richer you are the less relevant gender-specific problems become. Like most of life’s problems, gender struggles mostly only apply to the poor.

2 Likes

They might prefer to yeah, but they aren’t storing a decade’s worth of bacon in a bunker. This will replace all those cans of vegetables they’ve got in there.

I would not have thought this to be a controversial thread…

1 Like

It isn’t. :wink:

3 Likes

Meh, it sort of is. That’s probably because I mix it wrong though.

I approve this message.

5 Likes

They sure are!

Oh hey look at that.

2 Likes

Yeah, look at it. It’s from the article (well, the one it cited anyways).

Then it must be true!

2 Likes

Of course it’s true. Everything on the internet is true.

3 Likes

Sitting under a speeding train has obvious consequences, but I’m not clear on how the two concrete blocks will, shall we say, ‘guarantee’ the outcome?

1 Like

It would be too heavy to hold his head up for long.

/took me a second too

1 Like

I would invite anyone who takes umbrage with atheist4thecause’s usual “directness” in most of his posts to take a step back and look at his post objectively instead. Many of the points he raises in his initial post here are well documented and not just random facts he is making up. Which begs the question, why the negative reaction to these topics he brings up? I think it goes beyond just the fur he generally rubs the wrong way, it has to do with rationalization. I won’t go into the explanation here, but if you have ever seen the movie The Matrix, you know that you have to take the red pill before you can understand fully. Suffice it to say, rather than making Ad Hominim attacks on atheist4thecause or ignoring his points due to past posts he has made that irritated you, refute his presented facts themselves if you feel them to be in error.

This is useful advice for most discussion forums anyway.

1 Like

Because we were discussing a somewhat-confusing blog post about Soylent, not feminism or men’s rights. It’s a fairly long, off-topic post.

Oh boy. Here we go.

1 Like

[quote=“pauldwaite, post:37, topic:22906”]
Because we were discussing a somewhat-confusing blog post about Soylent, not feminism or men’s rights. It’s a fairly long, off-topic post.
[/quote]The reference article is entirely predicated on the assumptions of current feminist dogma and has the word ‘Feminist’ in the title. Not to mention that your first reply to this topic makes assumptions about current gender “imbalances”.

[quote=“pauldwaite, post:37, topic:22906”]
Oh boy. Here we go.
[/quote]I suppose from this comment that you understand what “The Red Pill” is as it relates to the gender discussion and reject its premise? Then I have no need to try to convince you of the world outside the “Matrix” as you apparently have chosen “The Blue Pill”.

Bringing the discussion back around to the topic and in answer to the article, what I don’t think most people realize is that Soylent is more liberating for Men in our current society.

1 Like

I can see how it would seem that way if you’ve taken pills.

Um, my first reply was a joke.

You know, I could have sworn The Matrix was fiction.

4 Likes

We most assuredly demonstrate that we have a differing opinion on this topic and neither show any signs of wavering. I don’t think further discussion in this topic is productive to the community as a whole, so it would be best if we cease at this point.

If you have any sincere questions about the analogy of “The Matrix” as it is used to describe the situation surrounding our current society’s gender dynamics, then feel free to send me a PM.

1 Like