Soylent=travel food?

A couple of questions about soylent and traveling. But first, a bit of introductory commentary.

I decided to try soylent mainly to see whether it might address some long-standing digestive issues I’ve had. Of course that meant, if I wanted to do this within a reasonable time frame, going the DIY route. I’ve tried it for a few days now but it’s too early to say whether soylent will answer to the original issue that precipitated my interest.

While trying it out over the last few days however, I’ve come to the realization that it could address another, non-health-related issue I’ve confronted–namely, how to nourish myself while traveling.

Typically I do that by hitting restaurants for most meals, which jacks up the cost of the trip considerably. Lately, however, I’ve realized that if I were to take with me a decent supply of soylent, at least a couple of benefits should ensue: 1) I should be able to economize significantly, eating at restaurants at my choosing rather than out of necessity; and 2) I could probably get better nutrition from soylent than from restaurant food. I’d actually love to try this on my upcoming trip abroad (US to EU), which will occur toward the end of Nov.

Appealing as that soylent-usage scenario seems, the problem with doing it–at least at present, while soylent remains a novelty–is that travelers carrying with them a significant amount of bagged-up powder are likely to fall under suspiscion. A pre-packaged commercial product like official soylent would probably be less suspect: but it will not be feasible, with the current 2-3 month wait time, to order any for my upcoming trip.

Another possible way of getting around the matter of arousing suspiscion would be to have a quantity of some commercially packaged soylent shipped to the traveler’s destination–which could work if a friend or relative there were willing to serve as the recipient. I know that some DIY’ers are developing their own businesses selling various pre-packaged soylent recipes, but so far as I’ve been able to determine thus far, it seems only @Spaceman’s product is at least semi-commercially packaged.

So, my questions. Are there any other soylent sellers who sell a pseudo-commercially packaged product? Perhaps even more importantly for the international traveler, can these sellers ship internationally? Suggestions will be appreciated.

I can’t remember at the moment, but I believe some DIY users have traveled with their mix. If you search the forums for “travel” you should get some good results.

Thanks for suggesting the search @livingparadox. It sounds from those few discussions that no particular suspiscion attaches to traveling with bagged-up powder, even internationally. I suppose that does depend to some extent on the country of arrival: having traveled extensively to Russia, I’m almost certain bringing in bagged-up powder, regardless of how inocuous it might finally prove to be–assuming they would even bother to test it and not just haul you off to the slammer or demand a bribe–would cause major headaches.

There are plenty DIY-producers on Powdered Foods Marketplace as from USA, so from Netherlands, Australia, Czech Republic, Sweden…
And many of them ship internationally.

Regarding travelling - I had trip from USA - Russia - Spain - Netherlands - USA with a bag full of 100%FOOD in bottles. NO curiosity from customs.

Wow, surprising @Spaceman. Do you hold a Russian passport? If so, I think they might be inclined to treat a foreign national–especially one from США, given current relations between the two nations–a bit differently.

FWIW, I’m an American working in Africa who travels frequently to Europe, and I’ve never had my Soylent or my 100% Food questioned by anyone. (On the other hand, my temperature gets taken, like, 500 times in every airport.)

I hold passport of Belarus :wink:
So they had even more reasons to stop and check…