Soylent v2.1 Wishlist and Future Developments

And opposed to the guy that wanted more calories, I want less. I’m approaching 50 and am allergic to exercise, so I immediately started gaining weight on 2000 calories. I’d like to see about 300 calories per bottle. I’m drinking 4 bottles and supplementing with a multivitamin/mineral, and adding psyllium husk. Probably need to add a little salt to the mix too. Need to do the math.

Ian

The only thing that I would like them to change is to make it more filling, if you are exclusively consuming soylent, 5 bottles a day seems like a lot (based on a 2000 calorie diet). I would prefer something that is more filling and would be like 600 calories per bottle that you drink 3 times a day. Also chocolate and other flavors would be nice.

Yes, what he said, about the chocolate. The people have spoken! Chocolate Soylent for some, miniature American flags for others!

Decaf is not caffeine-free. It would be better to use artificial coffee flavor.

and? Wont it automatcially be more filling if its 600 cals per bottle? :smiley:

That’s a good point right they’re. (Couldn’t resist.)

Not necessarily, is a liter of pepsi as filling as a quarter-pounder from McDonalds? Fiber usually attributes to feeling full.

My biggest issues with soylent 2.0: the rather gross milky aftertaste and breath. I’m not sure if it’d be possible to do much improving on this and it’s certainly not something that will stop me from drinking the stuff.

Not enough to matter.

[EDIT] I just knew how that would go down. I love talking on the internet sometimes.

for some of us it is. I can sometimes get away with a single cup of decaf a week, but more than one a day or several cups within a week, and I have problems.

Everyone handles caffeine differently. The amount in decaf, especially in instant decaf, is basically equivalent to zero for you and me but may have an effect on some people.

1.0 gave me really bad gas and pretty much tore me up when using the toilet, so I’m not sure if I’d want to see 2.1 move back towards more fiber and protein. 2.0 has been fantastic so far.

I really wish they could both reduce the price AND start putting out more variations of product for people who want more protein, fiber and so on.

…and all those people know that.

Pedantry and the internet is like mom and apple pie.

You mean there already is an algae protein? Where?

Shouldn’t that be “ARE like mom and apple pie?”

Supposedly it exists (existed?) but I’ve never seen any for sale.

No.

(here we go, lol :wink:)

see also: Usage of their, there, & they're

Yes, here:

Almost all of these suggestions are interesting and great, however, my one wish is that whatever they plan on doing, whether it is in fact to make a solid bar version, I truly hope they do not ever entirely do away with a Soylent 2.0 like product, as in pre-mixed, bottled, drinkable version. My reasoning behind this is for me, Soylent is not just something I’ve picked up to try, I have a disease called Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EOE).

In EOE, quoting Mayo Clinic: “a type of white blood cell (eosinophil) builds up in the lining of the tube that connects your mouth to your stomach (esophagus). This buildup, which is a reaction to foods, allergens or acid reflux, can inflame or injure the esophageal tissue. Damaged esophageal tissue can lead to difficulty swallowing or cause food to get caught when you swallow.”

Because of my diagnosis of this disease, I am limited on what I can eat, and even with those things I can eat, on many occasions I do get choked. This causes me to take longer to eat, eat less, and not get all the proper nutrition. Seeing as it is a chronic disease, it gets better and worse from time to time, and there are days where I can barely eat anything. At the moment things are not the best and I am doing 100% Soylent.

When I first discovered Soylent it was like a damn second coming of Jesus. I am extremely thankful to have Soylent and I would not know what to do without it. Thus, whatever the changes are with Soylent and other products, I just truly hope for my sake, as well as others out there using it for similar medical conditions, that you folks at Soylent do not do away with and discontinue a finely textured, pre-mixed, 2.0-type liquid version for only a solid version. Thank you for everything!

P.S. I have never met or personally know anyone else who has Eosinophilic Esophagitis, besides all the people on forums online, therefore if anyone out there has this disease and is using Soylent to help, please come forward and have a chat with me, I’d love to hear your story and share experiences. And if any of you have any questions whatsoever at all, feel free to ask away. Thank you, again!