Soylent vs. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson's diet

I found this article about Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s diet and thought I would compare it to a Soylent 1.5 diet.
Here’s What Happened When Some Dude Ate Like The Rock For A Month

in order to maintain his legendary physique, [Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson] eats more than 5,000 calories a day. The calories, spread over seven meals, include roughly 2.3 pounds of cod, a fish particularly rich in protein. The rest is eggs, steak, chicken, vegetables and potatoes — all told, about 10 pounds of food per day. In one year, The Rock consumes more than one-third of a ton of cod alone.

The table above is The Rock’s daily diet (other than calories all numbers are grams)

Below I took The Rock’s diet, adjusted to 2000 calories to compare to 2000 calories of Soylent 1.5

The article says it costs about $42 per day to eat the full 5,390 calories so that’s about $16/day for the 2,000 calorie version.

Feeling full using Soylent 1.7 for the first time

It would be helpful to examine a workout routine that is paired down via the same ratio as well. He doesn’t just eat 5000 calories and then sit on a couch. That makes a big difference in what his body does with those calories.

That being said, how is Soylent so much lower on all of these categories at the same calorie content? Are you sure you did that right?

My examination of the nutrient facts on Soylent 1.5 gives me the following:
2000 calories
228g Carbs
92g Total Fat
10g Sat Fat
and 80g Protein.

I think maybe you simply took the nutrition without multiplying them for the 4 servings. Should fix that in your table there.

Yep. Soylent 2.0, for the curious: 2000 calories, 105 g fat, 10 g saturated fat, 12.5 g polyunsaturated fat, 80 g monounsaturated fat, 185 g carbohydrates, 45 g sugars, 100 g protein.

Previous discussion:

Suddenly I see where I’ve been going wrong in my quest to develop The Rock’s physique.

I’ve independently verified the figures from @NanoTechnic and @Wezaleff (which I think is important with complex calculations like these).

I was going to do a nice HTML table, but I don’t think they’re allowed, so here’s some ASCII art instead.

Just to repeat for clarity: apart from calories and dollars, the numbers are in grams.

DIET             CAL    CARB  FAT  SAT  PROT    $
------------------------------------------------------
The Rock Daily  5390     571  112   34   507    $42.00
------------------------------------------------------
The Rock 2000   2000     212   42   13   188    $15.58
Solyent 1.5     2000     228   92   10    80     $7.72
Soylent 2.0     2000     185  105   10   100    $12.09

I think we’ve discovered that The Rock eats quite a lot of protein, and quite a lot in general.

And, as it happens, if you have 2000 calories of Soylent 2.0 every day, you’re eating almost as much total fat as The Rock does, on his 5390 calorie diet.

(But of course you’re saving money compared to him, so he’d better hope he’s got enough spare cash to maintain his lavish, protein-rich lifestyle! If he’s not careful, he might oh okay no never mind.)

I wonder what The Rock would say about all this.

Yes, I just had the numbers for one meal instead of four. I fixed it now and added the numbers for 2.0 as well. [quote=“pauldwaite, post:5, topic:25063”]
I was going to do a nice HTML table, but I don’t think they’re allowed, so here’s some ASCII art instead.
[/quote]

I found out by accident that if you copy the cells out of an excel spreadsheet and just paste them into your post it will automatically convert the table to an image.