Spare/unwanted ingredients trade - Europe thread

I’m sure many of us DIYers have bought stuff for our soylent that we decided not to use in the end. Why leave it lying around wasted? Post in here and trade it to someone else who wants it. Maybe you could get something you do want instead.

Please keep posts in this thread strictly to adverts or it will get really really messy! If you want to respond to propose a trade with someone, please send them a private message instead of posting here. If you want to discuss the thread itself or the principles of trading, please make another thread.

Ideally include the following information when you post:

• What item(s) you have to trade, including as many details as possible. Where you got it (link if online), how much of it you have used, etc.
  • Your location. Trading in person if possible will save us the cost and hassle of posting.
  • What you are looking to receive in return (optional). This could be nothing (give away your stuff), ingredients (trade), or money (sell). I’m not sure on the admins’ position on sales, if they say it’s not cool then we will stick to trade or gifting only.
  • Why you no longer want these things (optional). If it’s because of a problem with the item, say so! Other people might not consider it a problem, but they’d probably prefer to know in advance anyway!

Finally, please feel free to make similar topics for your own regions, if you aren’t from Europe.

• 5L Dodson & Horrell Soya Oil. I’ve used very little, no more than 300mL.
    I stopped using it because I make ketogenic (high fat) soylent, and in high quantities it contains too much omega 6 for my recipe.

• 2.5kg Muscleform Fine Oat Powder. Unopened.
    Not using because I decided to make ketogenic soylent (low carb). It’s good stuff though, my soylent definitely tastes worse without it. Edit to clarify: I bought two of these and have used the other. I’m offering a sealed bag, not a used one.

• Piracetam, about 600g or so. Can’t find where I got it now, it was a while ago.
    Unfortunately Piracetam gives me major brain fog, I’ve tried several different brands (it’s not that this stuff is bad). Edit: I also tried many choline sources, piracetam just isn’t for me unfortunately.

I’m in Coventry, UK. Not sure what I might want in trade, maybe make me an offer?

[quote=“richardtkemp, post:2, topic:5368”]
Piracetam, about 600g or so. Can’t find where I got it now, it was a while ago.
Unfortunately Piracetam gives me major brain fog, I’ve tried several different brands (it’s not that this stuff is bad).[/quote]

In the spirit of “trust, but verify”, did you make sure you were taking in enough choline while taking piracetam? I have no personal experience with it, but I’ve heard that piracetam eats up choline supplies very quickly, and that once you’ve run out of choline, you can’t think properly.

Of course :slight_smile: I’ve used lecithin, choline citrate, eggs, and citicoline. None allow me to use Piracetam unfortunately. My first use after a long break gives me brief clarity followed rapidly by fog, any subsequent use just gives more fog. Very annoying! Posted this here as it’s relevant info I should have included. If you’re interested in taking it off me please message.

Ah well - it was worth a try!
I’m afraid that I’m a student who would rather not open the moral can of worms involved in taking mind-enhancing substances when most other students aren’t. I’ll correct deficiencies happily, but piracetam-deficiency isn’t A Thing :frowning: Were I not a student, I quite probably would have bought it off you. Sorry! Good luck selling (or bartering, or giving) it.

around 4.000 grams of maltodextrin bought from here: http://www.beer-deli.gr/maltodextrine.html

Located at Greece, Rhodos island.

I no longer need it since I went full ketogenic and stopped adding it on my formula.

I exchange it for money as I move around a lot from now on and need cash!