Still not the end of food: Results of the 2016 soylent Eaters Survey

Thank you to everyone who participated in this years survey: results are available now.

The increase in participants this year is staggering. Do you expect to see the same `5.3x increase next year, to ~17,000 participants?

If you’re looking for ideas on what to put on next year’s survey, I’d be interested in seeing data on the demand for “nootropic” soylent formulas as well as the average household income and family size of soylent consumers.

Nice survey! If I understand correctly, you emailed people from your customer lists but Soylent proper users were only contacted via postings on Reddit and discourse.soylent.com? So I would expect a disproportionate response from those who were directly emailed, meaning that their opinions would be slightly favored? I’m just trying to understand the survey from the correct perspective.

We expect the bias in the reddit.com/r/soylent and discourse.soylent.me data to be in favor of Rosa Labs Soylent and the bias in the emails to non-rosa labs producer lists to be biased away from Rosa Labs Soylent. We sanity checked this with estimated sales from order numbers, and the net bias appears to be away from Rosa Labs Soylent.

If the market keeps growing the way it has been, we might get the 5.3x again. Even at 600 last year we were happy with the sample size.