I have been using Soylent for two to three weeks now for 50-75% of my meals. One of the things that attracted me to Soylent was the possibility that better nutrition would affect positively my mood. I have childhood onset OCD, depressive episodes, and ADD - and while they are fairly well managed, I still know I’m operating below my potential.
I created this thread in hopes that others who struggle with various forms of mental illness/disorder would be willing to share their experience with Soylent. In order to make this thread usable for data aggregation and analysis purposes I’d like to ask everyone to follow these rules:
- Only post once in the thread. Share whatever you are comfortable with sharing regarding your mental disorder and the effect of Soylent on it.
- If you want to discuss anything said in a post, branch it off into a new conversation.
- When you have new/updated observations regarding your cognitive health’s relationship to Soylent, edit your original post to include the new information rather than adding a new post.
- Alternatively, copy the information from your original post, past it into a new post, update it with your new information and post it and then delete your old post - so there is still a total of one post per person.
- If you do any data analysis and want to share it please either branch a new thread or alternatively, provide me with the data analysis and I will add it to a single data analysis post which will aggregate over time (with appropriate credit to each individual, of course).