Sulfur, Sublimed

Hi, I’m from Mexico and I’m making my own recipe of soylent.
I asked the lab of my school to buy for me methylsulfonylmethane.
They gave me Sublimed sulfur and i don’t know if it is “good” to eat it.

I found this:

Generally safe. Just don’t get it in your eyes. Some people are sensitive or allergic to it. If it doesn’t bother you, I don’t see the harm. I never heard anything about it being carcinogenic.

The info below is from the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS):

Appearance: yellow solid.
Warning! Flammable solid. Causes eye, skin, and respiratory tract irritation. May cause central nervous system effects.
Target Organs: Central nervous system, respiratory system, eyes, skin.

Potential Health Effects
Eye: Causes eye irritation. Effects may be delayed. Causes redness and pain. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Skin: Causes skin irritation. Causes redness and pain.
Ingestion: May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Inhalation: Causes respiratory tract irritation. Olfactory fatigue may occur. Can produce delayed pulmonary edema. May cause central nervous system effects such as nausea and headache.
Chronic: Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis. Chronic inhalation may cause effects similar to those of acute inhalation.

I really don’t think you should eat it.

I was doing some math…
Molar mass of MSM/methylsulfonylmethane((CH3)2SO2) is 50 mole/g. But it only has 16 mole/g of S(sulfur).
If I only need the sulfur I’m only using the 0.32 of MSM
If the recipe say’s 2g of MSM I’m consuming 0.64g of sulfur

If I take 0.64g sublimed sulfur does it will be ok?

Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t know if has anything to do with maths, but I wouldn’t eat. The only ingestion way that I read on the internet was for Homeopathy and the way of ingestion wasn’t directly.

http://www.herbs2000.com/homeopathy/sulfur.htm

“Parts used: Although sulfur is a very vital mineral, when it is used to prepare the homeopathic remedy sulfur it needs to be done differently and significantly because the medication is entirely different compared to how the mineral is found in its natural state. After cleansing the naturally found mineral sulfur, it is pulverized into a smooth powder. Subsequently, the finely powdered sulfur is dissolved in a solution of water and alcohol and is diluted to the desired levels. It is then triturated (pulverized into a pulp) and the resultant substance is the homeopathic remedy sulfur, and, as with any other homeopathic medication, it does not retain practically even the slightest trace of the naturally found mineral sulfur. As a homeopathic remedy, sulfur is an extremely versatile medication that is used to cure a number of ailments. Hence, it is not surprising that people often and extensively turn to this homeopathic remedy for several dissimilar uses.”

All other uses are about treatment for hair and acne. A lady said that she even used it for killing bugs. I don’t know what is the difference between MSM and Sublimed, but I’ve already read several people, including pharmaceutics that don’t advise to ingest it. There are people that said that ate it and was ok for them, but If I were you, I would ask and research a lot more before a put that inside me. Best you can do know is ask a pharmacist. I don’t think anyone here are really prepared to answer that in a safe way.

@cameronmalek WOW you just made the post interesting and answered all my questions…

@Gabriel_Alejand Thank you for your time and you’r answers

How many likes can I give you?