Sunflower Lecithin as a replacement for Soy Lecithin?

I’d like to know if soy and sunflower lecithin are comparable, nutritionally. I’ve looked online and have not been able to find any more information on Sunflower Lecithin besides what is on the back label of products.

They both act similarly, but those allergic to soy lecithin shouldn’t get the reaction from sunflower. However, there’s likely enough soy lecithin in your diy already, as it is something in most powdered foods.

There is basically no Soy in soy lechitin according to wikipedia, this also means that those who complain about gmo and soy have nothing to complain about regarding lechithin :slight_smile:

At worst there might be different proportions of stuff ln it :3

That’s typically the case, thus why I point out allergies vs an aversion to it. Other than lecithin, I am very anti-soy.

How’s that working out for you?

I have recently become as soy-free as I could possibly be. Two foods I love that have soy in them that I still eat are sliced bread and mayo. So I went organic on those. Vermont Organic Oat bread and Organic Trader Joe’s mayo. So at least it’s non-GMO soy. BTW I’m not one of those people who only eats organic and shops at Whole Foods. I was trying to avoid soy lecithin too but after doing some research it seems there is no point in that so I resumed eating foods containing it. Soy sauce is ok to eat too since it’s fermented. In the past I was always eating tofu and edamame because I thought they were healthy. Turns out that’s a lie foisted on us by BIG SOY.

Even detailed molecular analysis often can’t distinguish between soy and other varieties of lecithin. It’s been an issue with the new EU labeling requirements for GMO-derived products: since GMO-soy-derived lecithin is chemically identical to other lecithins, they have to have an unbroken paper trail documenting the source of any lecithin or else anything containing it (and any downstream products) has to have the GMO ingredients notice.

Lecithin is lecithin, is what I’m saying.

I’m sorry you suffer from IFOB.

the difference is in the extraction process, with sunflower you can use a chemical free cold extraction similar to olive oil. with soy they have to use harsh chemicals similar to bleached flour and all that pre ground beef we love so much. the fda says they dont have to list these chemicals [quote=“gleneston, post:1, topic:15604, full:true”]
I’d like to know if soy and sunflower lecithin are comparable, nutritionally. I’ve looked online and have not been able to find any more information on Sunflower Lecithin besides what is on the back label of products.
[/quote]