Taste 1.5 versus 2.0

It may just be personal opinion, but I find that 2.0 tastes much better than 1.5. If others are having the same feeling, does anyone know if there are plans to make a future 1.6 powder taste the same as 2.0 (or if this is even possible given differences in preparation etc.)?

OH yes. I think 2.0 is more palatable by a long way. 1.5 is fine, but I usually flavor it and keep it ice cold; 2.0 I’ll happily drink as-is at room temperature. The texture difference in particular is pretty dramatic.

Rosa Labs is (are?) working on a powdered version of 2.0 in an effort to keep the formulas as close to nutritional parity as possible, but there hasn’t been word on the progress of that for some time. I’d subscribe in half a heartbeat if it happened today.

What do you suggest for a quick and easy way to flavor? I’m not a gourmet by any stretch of the imagination, but if there were an easy way to add a powder to 1.5 that would make it taste better that would be great. Thanks.

Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
Cinnamon
Powdered peanut butter

All good powders to add to v1.5

Suggestions on how much of each to add to a pitcher of Soylent 1.5 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There’s a fair bit of discussion about flavouring 1.5 in this thread: Official Flavoring 1.5 Thread

I add 2TBSP of Dark Cocoa powder to each pitcher. I don’t really like the flavor of 1.5 plain. I found that adding the cocoa powder makes it much better.

But having said that, I’ve tried 2.0 and found I could drink that plain with no problems at all. I actually really like the flavor of 2.0.

I’m in the process of finishing off all the 1.5 I have left (at least 1 months worth, maybe more) and then I’ll start ordering 2.0.

I enjoy the taste of 2.0 as well… To that end (because I’m cheap), I’ll usually top off a meal of 1.5 with 1/2-1/3 of a bottle of 2.0…

The flavoring thread will help but for the Hershey’s Special Dark I add 3 TBs. As for the peanut butter (powdered Jif) I have only used it once for 2TBs and I didn’t really notice much of a difference.

Next I am trying cinnamon and I am going to add 2Tbs because my cinnamon is kinda old. If fresh, I would start with less.

Nice. Thanks to all! And for 3 Tablespoons of the Hershey’s Special Dark, is this to the entire 2 liter Soylent pitcher, or to a 500 mL serving? Much appreciated.

Entire 2L pitcher…

I prefer 1.5 to 2.0. I flavor 1.5 with a variety of LorAnn flavorings, with maple syrup, or with powdered chocolate added to the dry powder before mixing with water. Even without added flavoring, I like 1.5 better than 2.0. So I hope they don’t eliminate the current 1.5 and replace it with a powder that tastes like 2.0.

History suggests they’ll replace 1.5 eventually with a new version that tastes somewhat different. But who knows? Maybe it’s stabilising.