The "Flavoring Soylent" thread

Have you tried the syrups you mentioned @senko? I have seen other brands of stuff like that but IIRC they were much less potent than the extracts and therefore were ineffective at flavoring Soylent. If you have tried them, how much did you have to add and what flavor did you try? Thanks.

EDIT: I also see that the Davinci one uses Splenda sweetner, which is not the best.

Bit of a thread necro here, but I’m a new Soylent user and was a little offput by the taste. It wasn’t horrible, but it wasn’t great either. However, I just tried mixing 1 oz of the Torani sugar free salted caramel syrup with 8 oz of prepared Soylent, and I have to say, I was extremely impressed with the results. I’ve also had success with a mixture of soylent and flavored whey protein, although the soylent was still the dominant flavor. Next on my list of things to try is PB2, as well as a Thai version using PB2 and curry powder.

Wow, that is a lot of Torani; I find 1oz is more than enough for 16-24oz of Soylent.

It might have only been half to three quarters of an ounce - I wasn’t measuring.

Also, to me flavors seem stronger (richer?) in general after being on mostly Soylent for a while now; so 1 oz. is probably more than it used to be for me.

Thanks for bumping up this thread. This is my favorite thread, and I think it’s very useful for a lot of people when ideas are given, results are posted, and opinions are stated. When I end my Soylent boycott I might start up trying some of these ideas or I may just stick with my 1 oz of maple extract per pitcher; I haven’t decided yet.

Actually measured this time - it seems that 1/2 of an ounce of Torani in a 14 ounce serving is enough to take the edge off of it. I’m probably going to start mixing a whole day’s worth with 2-3 oz of Torani and seeing how that goes in the future. May also try some of the stronger flavors.

Flavored sugar free syrups are what I add and long with some chia seeds and cocoa powder. I like chocolate and orange. I have been using peppermint patty recently. Most flavors work well with the blank canvas that is Soylent

Higher Calorie Soylent Meals

International Coffees vanilla creamer. I like the cinnabon flavor best.

Looking for suggestions. I tried lemon juice and didn’t like it. I am currently using generic mio which is a liquid flavor 4 water. Is there anything cheaper out there?

I like these flavorings:

I have just used the super strength flavors. 2-3 drops per serving is about what I use.

Yep. One little bottle of LorAnn Oils flavoring will last you a long time. I haven’t tried it with 2.0, but a little orange oil and a little vanilla will give you a nice Creamsicle flavor, but there are lots and lots of options to try.

Official Flavoring 1.5 Thread

One teaspoon of maple syrup per soylent meal works as a mild sweetener. Other successful flavoring experiments include 1tbsp cocoa powder or 1 tbsp peanut butter.

Vanilla extract for 1.5, milksplash for 2.0. PB2 worked well for 1.4 and to some degree for 1.2 and 1.3, but I don’t like it so much for 1.5. Others might, though.

So I bought soylent 1.5 and hate the after taste. I canceled further subscriptions until I could figure out a way to make drinking soylent enjoyable. My solution is to add Mio. I use the berry Mio and it makes my soylent taste like a Special K cereal bar and it also doesn’t add any calories :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying the LorAnn “Flavor Fountain” flavors in 2.0 (1 teaspoon/bottle).
They’re thick, almost like a gell, so take alot of agitation to blend in, and also seem to get stronger if you let it sit for a bit. If you just dump it in, shake a little, and drink immediately, you won’t notice any flavor at all. I’ve tried lime and orange so far, and have other fruit flavors to experiment with.

eta: also make sure to shake the flavors well before measuring - the gell part tends to settle and that’s what carries the flavor.
also, the LorAnn flavors are also strong colors. I like it, but check for mold first, before adding the flavor.

I just tried using Cafe Bustelo instant espresso as a flavoring for the first time - I’m a fan (with sweetener). Wish I tried it earlier.

I used some of those “Candie flavorings” its essentially like a coffee flavoring syrup but for hard candies, I use lorranne chocolate mint it worked out alright, I will experiment more later when I have the time\will but I will also try coffee and coffee syrups to help.

Has anyone tried savory flavors??? The only one I have seen so far was the PB2+ curry (I’m gonna try that and the Thai tea tomorrow morning). I kinda wanna try something like blending celery or carrot plus ranch dressing, and doublefisting that and something like a buffalo chicken. The only major problem I’ve had so far is getting sick of sweet flavors day in and day out. Anyone tried bacon salt on theirs??? I really gotta figure out bacon flavored 1.5.

I tried putting a splash of sesame oil and Maggi sauce(my favorite savory combo) into a bottle of 2.0 and regretted it for the rest of the day.

Maybe Sriracha would work?