The skin and its changes

The number of changes in the amount, the size and color of nevuses, birthmarks, tumor, blur, freckles, moles, muzzle-sight, melanomas and various other skin rashes BY SOYLENT

applied topically?
<>

What happened to the verb in the first sentence?

Well, if you really want to know…

I haven’t had any more melanomas after I started drinking Soylent.

Does that mean one drink of Soylent made me immune?

But the scar from my previous surgery didn’t go away. I’m so disappointed in Soylent…

Is the OP trying to imply that Soylent causes skin issues? I ask because I’ve have had atopic dermatitis my whole life and if anything, my outbreaks have decreased substantially since I started Soylent. Maybe this is a coincidence, maybe not, but drinking Soylent certainly hasn’t caused anything bad with me.

I have shed my outer layer of skin to reveal my scales.

Nevus, also known as a mole, is the medical term for sharply circumscribed and chronic lesions of the skin or mucosa. These lesions are commonly named birthmarks or beauty marks. Nevi are benign by definition. However, 25% of malignant melanomas (a skin cancer) arise from pre-existing nevi.
if their number is growing, and the risk of catching melanoma also increases

And what does this have to do with Soylent?

All melanocytic nevi will change with time - both congenital and
acquired nevi. The “normal” maturation is evident as elevation of the
lesion from a flat macule to a raised papule. The color change occurs as
the melanocytes clump and migrate from the surface of the skin
(epidermis) down deep into the dermis. The color will change from even
brown, to speckled brown, and then losing the color and becomes flesh
colored or pink. During the evolution, uneven migration can make the
nevi look like melanomas.
How does Soylent influences the speed of these processes?

You’d probably have to ask a dermatologist.

Do you have reason to suspect Soylent of causing skin changes in your body?

You do realize that this is not a medical forum and none of us are doctors much less dermatologists, right?

My uneducated non-medical opinion is Soylent would affect it the exact same way other food items would. Soylent is just food not magic.

Hippocrates: We are what we eat

It is a scientifically proven fact that our food choices affect our health.
The old saying, we are what we eat, is true.
Every cell in our body was created from the food we eat,
the water we drink and the air we breathe.
In addition to nourishing our bodies,
food also affects the quality of our lives, our appearance, moods, weight,
energy, the aging process and our overall health and well-being.

Whole foods are in the state they are found in nature — fresh and unrefined.
They contain all the ingredients and tastes nature intended.
Nothing is removed. Nothing is added.
They are more nutrient-dense, are more flavourful and have none of the chemicals,
pesticides, herbicides, hormones, fungicides, artificial flavors,
colours and additives that are typically used to increase shelf life of processed foods.
(eg Soylent devoid of flavonoids)
the section about experience, so that you share your experiences, observations and asf.

P.S. also userfull to read http://www.economist.com/node/2020047

These words you are stringing together are nice and everything but what is the point you are trying to make?

The skin protects the body from a wide range of external factors, is involved in respiration, thermoregulation, metabolism and many other processes. Moreover, the skin presents a massive receptive field of various kinds of surface sensitivity (pain, pressure, temperature, and etc.). Skin is the largest organ on the square, which change can be observed directly.

I need your experience of observations

He’s either mentally ill or so inexperienced with the internet he doesn’t know how to post online like a normal human being.

There is a relationship, but it’s not necessarily causative.

The predominant theory at this time is that melanoma is a result of mutations stemming from damage to the DNA caused by prior exposure to sunlight.

In my case, for example, I had a lot of exposure to sunlight as a kid. (We had a pool. I was in the sun far too often, and didn’t wear sunscreen.)

New nevi emerging on me now, if there are any, may not have any increased chance of developing into skin cancer, whereas as old nevi - which were exposed to direct sun for many hours a day for months at a time, are likely focal points for cancer. (In addition, a new melanoma may erupt in otherwise-normal skin, but may look initially like a nevus.)

All of this, however, is unrelated to the diet. Or to Soylent.

Back on the dietary front… there is support for the idea that coffee and/or caffeine have an inhibitory effect on the growth of cancerous and pre-cancerous melanoma. Therefore, I’ve been doing this all wrong. I should be using Coffiest.

One thing that has always bugged me about some causes of cancer is this. Presumably the cells that made up the nevi that were on your back as a child and got so much sun exposure no longer exists and have been replaced with new cells. So how could these new cells that didn’t even exist back then be damaged by the sun you absorbed as a child?

Because the new cells aren’t created from scratch; they’re created when the old cell duplicates the DNA and then splits in half.

In other words, the damage gets copied over and over.