Thickness of a soylent mixture

I recently introduced my mom to the soylent concept. She had me order a week of Clean Fuel Premium from @axcho. She gave me feedback that her mixture was really thick. Here’s her response to my question–how has your soylent experience been going?

I mixed up about 1/4 of a package, following directions for water, oil, & powder. It seemed awfully thick so I added more water the next morning. When I started drinking it at lunchtime, I almost couldn’t suck it through the straw! So in answer to your question, I need to work on it some more. I couldn’t quite finish the whole amount I had mixed. The consistency just wasn’t appealing. The taste was fine, though.

Any suggestions for her? She doesn’t consume enough to mix an entire day’s worth at once. I suggested she “fluff” the powder before measuring by volume. She is going to make sure she measures more carefully next time.

By the way, I don’t think this is related to the chia seeds in CF Premium. She tried some of my Justin Fuel and really liked the chia seeds. Thanks everyone!

I mix up a day and it lasts me 3 days. If it’s thick though, add more water. :stuck_out_tongue: I can usually tell by how it pours. It should pour smooth and not thick pouring. It’s never too late to add a bit more water and reshake it. :stuck_out_tongue:

The thickness of Clean Fuel comes from the psyllium husk powder, of which there is about twice as much as Schmoylent. The solution is just to add more water, as @Ichabod13 suggested! :stuck_out_tongue:

Roger that. Thanks folks!