Tips on beginning DIY Soylent

Just as the title states, I am looking into trying to make my own Soylent, but I do not know where to start. I have seen some other DIY’s, but those were from months ago and I believe the formula has changed since then. Simply put, I am a male and I wish for a 2,500 calorie version of Soylent. If at all possible, please leave a recipe and sources for such a formula and recommended DIY gear (specific scale, blender , measuring utensils, et cetera). Thank you in advance.

Pardon me as I predict the future for a second. Everyone here is going to recommend their own recipe, and each will have it’s own advantages, drawbacks, and peculiarities. There will be no consensus, and you’ll essentially have the same list of recipes you can already find on here. You’ll be left with the same decision you have now.

I’m sorry if this seems rude, but given that you’re asking for instructions on a specific scale and blender and whatnot, it seems to me that you’re really interested in trying Soylent, but not really wanting to go through the grind of figuring it all out. That’s totally an understandable position. It took me a lot of time and effort to put my recipe together. But now I know exactly why each and every component is in there, in what amounts, and what it does. That grind of figuring it all out is what makes DIY Soylent work. It’s about understanding the process and the contents and everything about it.

If you’re looking for a black-box recipe where you just take it at face value, that is totally fine. But if that’s the case, I would recommend waiting for the official Soylent. It’s a lot more rigorously tested than anything you’ll find on here, and probably better balanced and researched. That is to say, it’s got a much higher chance of working for you, as it is designed to work for everyone, not just an individual. But if you’re wanting to build a recipe, then I truly, deeply believe that you’re going to need to do the work. Get in there, read recipes, learn what you need, and start building one. You can totally choose one of the ones on here and just run with it as is, but you’ll need to research why it’s built the way it is first. And if there isn’t something you’d like better. Or take a couple of them and mash them together to get what you want. This forum has a TON of information to get you started. But if you’re wanting to go the DIY route, then I think you’ll have to follow DIY to the letter, and do it yourself.