Unrefrigerated Soylent powder

I opened a package of 1.6 and used half of it, ziplocked the bag closed, but then forgot to put it in the fridge for a couple days.

Is it still good?

[quote=“cherub, post:1, topic:26119, full:true”]
I opened a package of 1.6 and used half of it, ziplocked the bag closed, but then forgot to put it in the fridge for a couple days.

Is it still good?
[/quote]If kept dry, the powder will last a few months.

It’s only after it’s mixed/wet that you need to worry about refrigeration.

I would think the moisture in the fridge would be worse for it.

Your Soylent is fine. Mix it and drink it. For future reference you only need to keep it cold after it’s been mixed.

Thank you for your responses!

People refrigerate their powder?

I keep my soylent in the fridge, but only because the kitchen in my apartment has little storage space and a mostly empty fridge. I divvy up some bags into single servings, stored in BlenderBottle ProStak large jars, for when I go in to the office. When these containers come out of the fridge they do get a small amount of condensation on the outside, but I’ve never had a problem with moisture.

So you can fit 106g of powder in the 150cc jar?

The large jar is 250cc, which is a perfect fit.

Ok, that’s what they call extra large. Thanks.

Yes, I’ve always refrigerated any opened packets. I figure once it’s unsealed, the air could speed up it going bad.

Bacteria need moisture (like from condensation) to do their thing. On dry surfaces (like the powder) they are dormant. Also refrigeration speeds the crystallization of the starch molecules making it go stale faster.