Using Soylent as a Prebiotic for Probiotics?

Hey guys,
I’d like to add probiotics to my Soylent (Well, to my Bertrand, an all-organic, no-synthetic-vitamins alternative. Also testing Joylent soon.) and I’m wondering whether it might make sense to mix up my Bertrand with warm water and probiotics and let it rest for a few hours up to a night. After all, Soylent/Bertrand has a healthy amount of fibre, which are prebiotics and having this fibre colonized by good bacteria would make the gut very very happy.

If I did that, the probiotics could activate, grow into the prebiotics (fibre) and make the oat component much more digestible. At the same time, the probiotics would keep the bertrand from going bad, since the few potentially bad bugs that are in any natural product and that would usually be the reason not to let a mixed soylent variant sit over night, won’t be able to replicate while surrounded by billions of good bugs.

For how long do people usually let their probiotic-prebiotic mix sit?

Would the probiotics alter any of the nutrients in an undesired way?

(In case you’re interested/for the latter question: Bertrand consists of gluten free whole grain oats*, canola oil powder* (carrier:maltodextrine*), powdered milk*, almond*, ground flaxseed*, agave powder*, ground sunflower seed*, ground walnut*, locust bean gum*, sea buckthorn powder*, iodised salt, coconut powder*, nutritional yeast*, algae powder (porphyra), mushroom powder (agaricus bisporus), algae powder* (chlorella), guava extract*, lemon peel extract*, basil leaf extract*)

You’re effectively talking about selective fermentation.

I don’t have advice to give in the area, except to remember to consider flavor… You’re talking about getting the bacteria that normally grow in your gut to grow in the pitcher, but I’m not sure you want to make your pitcher taste like the inside of your gut!

Thanks! Well, most probiotics are a type of lactose bacteria, which create a joghurty-sour taste.

Any advice on if/how well that might work?