Variations in sweetness

I received my first batch of Soylent in mid-late September, it was a one week supply. This batch was great, it wasn’t too sweet and I used it daily for two weeks. I just received my first subscription shipment (shipped on Oct 1) and made a batch last night. I got up this morning and tried it and it was way too sweet – tasted like it had double the artificial sweetener. So now I have a bunch of Soylent which is too sweet to enjoy. Anyone else have a similar experience? I’m wondering what I can do to get rid of the sweetness besides adding heartburn-inducing cocoa powder. Any suggestions?

You will get a lot of other suggestions too but mine would be try adding a little salt to it.

Also somebody suggested adding a little yogurt (not sure with or without salt) to it.

Thanks for the reply. The salt has helped some with the initial taste, but there’s still a slick, residual sweetness that lingers on the palate. I do not know why my backer soylent shipment was less sweet. I feel like this was either some sort of bait and switch, or the Soylent powder is not uniformly mixed. Either way it’s bad. Hopefully with the release of Soylent 1.1 this will no longer be an issue, however I still have a two week shipment to go through before I get a new batch.

:smiley: double the water, half the sweetness? it will be more watery though.