Verbiage — Drink? Eat? Consume? Use?

Relatively new to Soylent (few months). Struggling when I talk about Soylent. Do I eat Soylent? Drink Soylent? Consume? Use? Nothing sounds quite right. It’s liquid, so can’t really say ‘eat’, but it’s more than a drink in my mind (that makes it sound like a sports drink), consume is probably the most apt verb, but doesn’t roll off the tongue, use sounds like it’s a drug. How to the rest of you talk about it?

I say “drink”, or “consume” if I’m talking about a futuristic Soylent with more options than we have at present.

Drink or eat. What do you call it when you “consume” soup, yogurt or other liquid foods?

I usually work around it by saying “have”. “I’m going to have some Soylent.” “I had Soylent today at lunch.” Once in a while if I’m feeling fancy, I’ll say “consume”.

“Eat” sounds wrong, Soylent’s not solid.
“Drink” I avoid only because it conjures ideas that I’m not actually having a meal.

I need a spoon for both soup and yogurt. I’ve never had a yogurt that was liquid enough to not use a spoon. I know there are 100% liquid soups, but I never eat soup that doesn’t have something solid in it.

Generally I say ‘eat’ for soup and yogurt…but that’s because I use utensils…(unless the yogurt is something like ‘yop’ which is designed to be drunk from a bottle)

What do you do with a milkshake?

… also, the thickness of your Soylent might help to determine the verb used.

We just say drink or have. But then we don’t discuss it very often in the real world.

I DRINK IT UP!

When I’m eating a meal I’m drinking soylent and I see no contradiction in that.

I find myself saying ‘eat’ to reinforce it’s freaking FOOD people :grin:

Inject.

Absorb.

Assimilate?

Someone had to say it…

Chymify.    

To convert into chyme, the semifluid mass of partly digested food expelled by the stomach into the duodenum

Osmosis! osmosize :smiley:

CHUG baby20chars…

I say “I’m on Soylent” and often find myself saying “I’ve been on Soylent for years.”