Viscosity changes in 2.0

All this venom towards the viscosity changes. If I hadn’t read about it, I wouldn’t even know. I also don’t perceive any taste difference. People ascribe the viscosity change to changes in their gas, cramps, etc.

To change the viscosity, was there any change to the formula? If not, how could it change your gas?

The nutritional profile didn’t change at all; just one non-nutritional ingredient changed in quantity and that affected the viscosity. I didn’t notice any change in health or gas or whatever, but in a blind taste test between the two the difference in taste and texture was pretty obvious. However, if I hadn’t tasted them side by side I might not have noticed. But some people are more sensitive than others and to some the different taste was unpalatable. I doubt any other issues are actually related to the change, though.

It feels like an overblown issue.

(not to belittle it)

Seems overblown to me, but then again, I am not suffering anything physical. Which is why I was wondering what changed that could possibly affect people’s bodies.

It is mostly just mental (placebo/nocebo), I think.

Nocebo in this context.

I like the more nutty tasting soylent honestly. Has a more nut-crunch cereal flavor as opposed to plain cheerios flavor.
Considering it’s also kind of a PITA to flavor 2.0.

I still consider it a neutral enough flavor to not get sick of it, considering it has “some flavor” as opposed to a much more subtle flavor of 2.0a.

why is flavoring 2.0 a pita? i use capella flavors - open seal, add drops, put lid back on, shake.

Exactly, I don’t get it if we’re talking liquid flavouring.

Powdered, well, I can see that not mixing in as easily. Not much airspace to work with in those bottles.

Another bonus with flavouring 2.0 is not having to make an entire day’s worth the same flavour. One can have vanilla for brekky, strawberry for lunch, and chocolate for dinner! (and beer for dessert, OFC :beer: )