VSauce drinks Soylent during an isolation experiment

awesome to see soylent as the food source
That first episode tho, wow

Another challenge video lol. Imagine if I went into a church and said “let’s see how long I can survive”. Well, for quite some time I imagine, since neither a church nor a bottle of soylent are particularly threatening to life…

its not a challenge video.
really has nothing to do with Soylent per say. Just that its there for food.

Soylent has natural and artificial flavors, every version actually; powder, bars and drinks. He was trying to induce white noise hysteria which would have been better accomplished with white rice and white multivitamins and less materials in the room (all the edges of the objects provide stimulation). It would be ideal if he could just sit in a chair and not be allowed to get out of it and the room ought to be spherical itself. He could shift around in the chair and jump around on it to prevent bed sores and achy joints. The rice and water could be vended under the chair by hand signal or something equally clear. But it was interesting to try anyway, I just think you could break people faster with a few tweaks. Soylent is anything but a lack of experience. I vividly remember the taste and it isn’t just one flavor like flavored water might be only watermelon or blueberry.

[quote=“sylass94, post:5, topic:26813, full:true”]It would be ideal if he could just sit in a chair and not be allowed to get out of it and the room ought to be spherical itself. He could shift around in the chair and jump around on it to prevent bed sores and achy joints.[/quote]Considering how he was practically hallucinating after being in a sensory-deprivation tank for only an hour, they should have based it around that. Nasogastric intubation seems like the ideal way to completely deprive someone of their sense of taste, aside from morning breath.

Well if you want invasive intervention I guess you could just mute certain senses. I actually read a creepy pasta with a similar plot line