Weight of the product

I may have missed this, but what is the total weight of each package? As an avid ultralight hiker, I’d be interested in knowing if this could replace dehydrated alternatives.

Each serving is 115g and there are 4 servings in each bag, so it’s a little over 1 pound per day, 7 pounds a week etc. I keep forgetting how convenient it is for my terrible mental math skills that it weighs about a pound. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m curious, what weight would you call ultra lightweight? What is usually considered average weight?

I just picked out a random dinner.

550 calories, 142g, $7.88

Soylent is looking really good!

Thanks, sylass94. 115g / serving is pretty light. Ultralight meals are ~190g ea @ three meals / day. You can read more about ultralight hiking / backpacking here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultralight_backpacking.

There are 4 servings per bag for a total of 460g of powder per bag. Each serving is 500 calories. If you are going to divide that into thirds then each serving is 153.333g or 667 calories. Of course all of this is just for the powder I have no idea what the bags weigh.

Am I allowed to bring along emotional baggage?

We are talking about Soylent on the trail right here:wink:

‍ ‍ ‌

Closing out this topic, as the direct question has been answered - however, feel free to traverse across to the camping thread @arthur has posted for more involved discussion on the subject! :slight_smile: