What are the effects of not keeping to a three meal schedule?

Well, okay. Just because vegetarians do/did it, doesn’t automatically make it good, much less optimum (take a look at soy, for instance). That being said, the question was about the effects of not sticking to consuming soylent in larger amounts at a time, and I was simply adding to the discussion. For clarity’s sake I will edit the post, but I will also add here that it isn’t that you don’t absorb any of the protein, it’s simply that your body can’t absorb and utilize all of it if there isn’t a large enough intake at one point in time.

This doesn’t necessarily mean it’s awful to consume sporadically, but it is an important point to consider. Ultimately, your choices on how you consume will affect your heath one way or another, and it’s up to you (and your doctor/nutritionist/whatever) to decide what you should do, I’m just trying to help paint a fuller picture of what happens overall.

I know what you are saying, but I would rather see a study that says, this group of people live longer with fewer health issues than that group of people and we are now studying their diet/lifestyle to see what is unique to give them better health. Is efficiency of protein absorption a serious problem for people eating a balanced diet? Focusing on one component of the diet is interesting and good for the advancement of science, but not necessarily good for understanding holistic health in the short run. So if your body can absorb it better, then maybe that’s good, maybe it’s bad, maybe it doesn’t make a difference in the big picture. For example, they have discovered the most efficient way for your body to absorb sugar but it doesn’t make it an ideal way to consume carbohydrates and in fact is harmful. In this case absorbing sugar slowly over time is the way the body prefers it. Do we know if it might be the same for protein? I don’t know either but probably not something to worry about unless you are a body builder, or they can tie it back to better health and longevity.

All I know for sure is myself, and given that I’ve never eaten meat in my entire life, and I also don’t eat Tofu, vegetables, or any other big source of protein other than plain jack cheese and peanut butter and have always been quite healthy (I even qualified in the top 5% mark for life insurance after being advised against applying for it because so few people qualify). So frankly I put very little stock in what basically anyone says about nutrition, because in almost every case I’ve been a perfect example of “not that”. I’m no personal trainer certainly, but I’m in much better health than many people I know who supposedly “watch what they eat”. But that’s just me.

What I was attempting to state is that, so far as it is currently studied, what is best for our bodies and health so far as protein goes, is to consume it less frequently in larger quantities. As far as if it is better to have optimal protein synthesis vs optimal carb synthesis, I don’t know. That probably depends on the individual’s lifestyle. I would recommend one looking into it themselves if they aren’t sure which direction is best for them, there are pros and cons to each, I know I personally lean towards 2 or 3 larger meals, that is for both the sake of it seeming more ideal for my lifestyle/bodytype/goals, and that’s how people largely did it throughout history. It’s worth one spending some time researching it themselves. I’ll see if I can find the time to hunt down a couple of legitimate articles and post them. No promises though.

Edit: I should also add, that my ideal situation uses far less carbs and a much higher fat ratio. Our bodies adjust to drawing our energy from fat, and if I remember correctly, it is better for us and a more sustainable energy source than large amounts of carbohydrates.