I picked up a week’s supply on eBay (at a truly insane price) that’s going to be coming in tomorrow. I’ve been browsing around here a lot more in the past few days, and I’m trying to get an all-in one list of tips for things a soylent newbie like myself should understand.
So far, I’ve got:
- Drink slowly - helps with hunger and the well-documented adjustment issues.
- Don’t stand too close to coworkers the next couple days.
- Add a small amount of salt, since the stuff out of the bag probably doesn’t have enough. (What does this do to the flavor?)
- Mix up the next day’s batch the night before, keep in the fridge overnight. Helps with texture.
- Use low speed or intermittent on your blender - high speed makes the mix frothy and more likely for the oil to separate out.
- Barring that, use the Takeya pitcher and give it a good couple minutes of shaking.
- You don’t have to consume the whole bag if you don’t feel hungry enough to finish it.
Any other one-offs or tips that anyone can think of?