What do you store your ingredients in? Containers, jars, etc

A lot of my ingredients come in their own sealable containers but some just come in bags. My microbiologist friend recommended Oxo containers. Was just curious about what else there might be to use.

i plan on putting everything in stackable tupperware just for organization

I have 4x http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004173R76/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1. One set of http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00958N4GU/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. And two containers that are similar to http://www.amazon.com/Airtight-Flip-Medium-10-8-8X6X4/dp/B005PQADX8/ref=pd_sim_k_6.

Nice – flip design is probably handy for the higher quantity powders.

@alexkirkp, i like the “airtight”. but why 17 cups? are you just moving your base ingredients from whatever they arrive in to that?

i’ve not dry measured my daily, but i’m ballparking it’s about 6 cups, +if/when i move into more aggressive weight training, i’m guess i may go up to 9-10 cups?

also, i read somewhere the elements we need to consider protecting our mix from are:
humidity
temperature
air/freshness
light

it’s that last one, light, i keep thinking about. almost everything i’ve looked at (i really like the kinetic green (this family) and the oxo pop. but everything is transparent.

thoughts?

i’m considering prepping 1-2 weeks, so i’m trying to study what to buy that will give me the best ride.

i need to not ballpark my daily, account for my largest possible. another twist, i’m considering prepping carbs separate from everything else (for carb free last meals of the day), so, i may just stick with the smaller sizes, anyway.

Yes I am moving the ingredients into those large containers when I get them. Stuff like the oat powder and maltodextrin did not come in packages that are easy to get a measuring cup into or are too large to leave sitting out in the kitchen.

What I have been doing recently is mixing all of the micro nutrients up into little .5 cup containers(and I make 8 of them at a time) and then adding the macro nutrients each time I mix it up.

There are only certain things that need to be protected from light. If you are storing a days worth of nutrition in your container either make sure that the micro nutrients are surrounded by the macros, or store the containers in a cupboard or pantry.

@alexkirkp— check out blenderbottle’s gostacks (i do not work for the company, but i am a fan) for micro’s. the 60cc is perfect for me. i may upgrade to 100cc, as i’m looking to add some non-essentials to my mix. going to order several packages.

are you putting all of what arrives into your listed containers? or just what fits into your listed? right now i have 3 giant jars and big ol’ bag of psyllium sitting on the floor for my macros. i like the idea of being more organized with this.

my big motivation besides prep once a week—it helps me keep track of when i’m running out of something, instead of ball parking it.

Those are interesting containers.

I have about 1/3 of the ingredients in different containers than they arrived in. I still have some big bags of things, but I keep them out of the way and just refill the containers with them. Most of the little things came in a form that is fine, and I just keep all those in a Rubbermaid tub in the pantry.

I figure if I am making a week+ at a time and each time I use an ingredient that I know I have at least one more weeks worth I will always have plenty of warning before I run out.