What If You Had Other Equally Positive, Equally Easy Meal Options?

Is there any particular reason you sound like a prosecuting attorney? I don’t know about @inquirerer, but I have a hard time knowing how I’ll feel about something in 5 days, much less five years.

Flattery will get you nowhere, @nanciejk :wink:

I don’t think I am passionate about most things, really. I like soylent, but passionate?

Also, 5 years is a long time.

So…I have no idea.

But, here are some Soylent cats to liven up the thread.

https://s16.postimg.org/3zt6f3z1x/d66b523160bc4136982911cfb41d4371.jpg

Cute! Thanks.

Do any of your cats like Soylent?

Ah fair enough, that makes sense. I believe Keto Chow will be having its prices reduced soon as they will be going to a manufacturer, so with any luck the pricing may be comparable to Soylent then.

I’ve heard that cats like Soylent. However, I don’t have any pets, so I can’t test this theory myself.

Don’t know how I got so lucky but my cat picture was the first one! I must have won something!?!

My cat does love Soylent. I let him lick the seal (they stopped putting these on about 6 months ago) off the Soylent 2.0 bottle. He would come from upstairs if he heard. He will also eat dry 1.7 (and earlier). Of course, he also comes running anytime we open the freezer in hopes he will get ice-cream.

On the prosecuting attorney subject: I found the end of the original message offensive, with its bold-face admonition that we tell the truth. There might be some people here who habitually lie, but I think that the overwhelming majority of us are truthful and don’t need to be reminded not to lie.

Lie” is your word @geneven. Not mine :wink:

And “admonishing”? Where did that come from?

As paradoxical as it might seem, in most surveys a lot of times it’s what respondents intentionally conceal that is the most telling.

Your @geneven and @nanciejk’s curious uneasiness over my innocent request for honest and candid answers, is very telling indeed.

How can you tell, if they conceal it?

It’s done using a neat trick I first learned at around age 5, and then honed through several years of K-12, undergraduate and graduate education.

It’s the secret to my success in both my professional and my internet lives.

I can’t recommend it often enough :wink:

[quote=“modernDayPablum, post:25, topic:26971”]
And “admonishing”? Where did that come from?[/quote]

Probably from your bold, italicized emphasis of honest. That tends to look admonishing.

[quote=“modernDayPablum, post:27, topic:26971”]
It’s done using a neat trick I first learned at around age 5, and then honed through several years of K-12, undergraduate and graduate education.

It’s the secret to my success in both my professional and my internet lives.

I can’t recommend it often enough :wink:[/quote]

Why on earth are you linking right back to this thread? Every time you post, you come off a little bit stranger. And not in a particularly good way.

Survey respondents’ misinterpretations of the survey author’s questions are also very revealing @nanciejk.

Getting as angry as you do over something as innocuous as typographical markup speaks volumes about your own “weirdness”. Wouldn’t that be fair to say, M’am :wink:

Poll: Is "Future Food" Only For The Cash-Strapped?

Although the OP requested honest answers, and I provided one, I had the feeling that the OP had opinions that were concealed, with a hidden agenda. I had the feeling that an attempt was being made to “wean” us Soylent supporters from Soylent by inducing us to admit that we weren’t going to be on Soylent forever, and provide conditions under which we would abandon our irrational loyalty to Soylent.

This seemed manipulative to me. The OP proported to simply be fascinated by us Soylent fans, but the questions seemed to me to be aimed at a calculated conclusion that the poster knew about from the beginning.

No big deal – I have been manipulated before – but in the spirit of honesty, I decided to express my feelings as the OP suggested.

Who’s angry? I’m not even miffed, or annoyed. I’m slightly fascinated by how far down the rabbit-hole you’re going, that’s about it.

Sweet, who knew re-reading things slower granted the power of telepathy.

It’s obvious from the strong emotion in your comment @geneven that there’s nothing I can say to convince you that your misinterpretation of what my intentions are for this admittedly unscientific survey, is wrong. But far be it for me to begrudge you your own interpretation.

I will say this though for the record: The specific brand of meal replacement drink that any particular individual of this subculture might prefer, doesn’t matter to me personally, as far as the intentions of my informal survey is concerned.

And like I just explained to @nanciejk. Survey respondents’ misinterpretations of survey questions are also very revealing. So I thank you again @geneven (sincerely) for providing even more data that will further help me to better understand my soylent-guzzling brethren (notice the lowercase ‘s’) :slight_smile:

Hey, it’s you again!

Everywhere I go, there I am :wink:

Indeed. [insert comment here]