What is your Nootropic Stack?

I found them by going to YouTube and typing in Nootropics. Maybe I was just lucky to find them.

I always do quite a bit of research before getting very involved in these kinds of things. I fondly remember all the LSD books I read.

Evolution is a mode of testing. Reinventing the wheel is a cliche as a bad thing because evolution already took care of that. We still don’t understand the brain that well.

Geneven, I’d like to see those videos too, and I didn’t find any persuasively critical ones, at least on a quick search. Would you be willing to link to one or two?

Thanks!

Astonishingly enough, I didn’t memorize the urls. I am not interested in going on the firing line for what I consider convincing. You’d think that the prevailing attitude of hostility to dissenters here would make people cooperative, but funny thing, it doesn’t.

It is easy enough to imagine the arguments against nootropics anyway. It is obvious to me that altering one’s brain chemistry comes with certain risks. In my acid- dropping days I felt the risks were acceptable, and I am still glad I took LSD and similar drugs many times. I didn’t find the benefits I experienced from the month or two I took one of the most popular nootropic combinations that great.

While I agree that evolution is pathetic compared to science and human inventiveness, I think what @geneven is trying to say is that we aren’t definitively there yet in respect to neurological modification. fMRIs and MEG’s only offer a glance at brain activity and the most powerful supercomputers on Earth have trouble simulating more than a few seconds of it.

We just don’t have the observational tools to know how these things are working, and why they work for some and not others. At this point, our best methods have been going off anecdotal evidence and theory and hoping not so many people have negative effects that we have to ban them altogether and go back to the drawing board.

In the videos I’ve seen on YouTube, most of the reviewers were negative, neutral or only noticed slight improvements using unscientific measures. Nobody was ecstatically seeing results. A few reviewers kind of got out of hand with the whole thing and started listing off nootropic “blends” with like 15 different ingredients which… doesn’t seem terribly smart. One of the more popular blends is abbreviated “CILTEP” and is based on completely unfounded claims and misunderstandings of how the chemistry works on the brain. It isn’t particularly dangerous, but it’s not the best use of money either.

Geneven, I’m so sorry, I certainly didn’t mean to come off as hostile. I too have a healthy skepticism about nootropics, and I don’t see how anyone couldn’t, given (as you and sylass94 have pointed out) how little we know about the brain (and thus what crude tools these are), the borderline efficacy of many of these drugs, the dangers of overdosing, the possibility (again because we know so little) of long-term deleterious effects we don’t yet know about, etc. It’s very much caveat emptor, and I think we’re all just trying to do our due diligence and figure out how much (if any) we’re willing to experiment on ourselves, given unknown risks and possibly small or nonexistent benefits.

It’s your use of the word “scary” to characterize the youtube videos you saw that pricked up my ears, which to me suggests that someone has come upon genuinely concerning negative effects that I may not yet be aware of, but I’d really like to be. If you might be willing to share but don’t want to put yourself on the “firing line,” please feel free to PM me (and agreed, youtube URLs are a pain, but they should be in your watch history). But I guess I would argue that it would be a community service to let everyone see what you found concerning, and who cares if others are persuaded or not? We’re all adults, making our own decisions, and in an area as murky as this, each person’s assessment of risks and benefits and the balance between them will be pretty unique, and if people disagree with you, f**k 'em!

Fortunately (I think) there is no shortage of idiots taking unsupervised “mega doses” of every type of nootropic out there, demonstrating that there is no acute toxicity. At worst, one could overdose on racetams as easily as they could on homeopathic solutions.

Do tell

Isn’t homeopathy the one where they dilute like a “drop” of something with tons and tons of water? It’d be really hard to overdose on that… you’d OD on the water first.

Same goes for liquid psilocybin. The water would kill you faster.

I usually cycle mine; caffeine+theanine is a pretty steady constant but I cycle through CDP choline + aniracetam as it has no interactions with my epilepsy medication which is also in the racetam family (leviteracetam). I don’t really experiment with noots that aren’t racetams due to concerns about seizure triggers, and so far it’s been pretty successful.

I’ve been stacking (phenylpiracetam) with modafinil, CDP-choline, and curcumin + cacao and it works extremely well.

Question about l-theanine
Any idea on how much l-theanine is in the coffiest? I don’t want to over do it
Planning on adding around 250mg (1/8 tsp) to my 2.0 soylent as that what I have for breakfast daily (Tried coffiest for a few days and did not like the taste, but did like the feeling of l theanine)

What can I add it to?
Can I put it in a can of pepsi?
Sprinkle it on my chicken sandwich?

~150mg of caffeine
(equivalent to approximately a cup and a half of coffee) and
75mg of L-theanine

So 250mg would be overdoing it ya?

Not at all. The recommended dosage is 2:1 for theanine to caffeine, so really you could bump it up to 300mg before the theanine starts to overpower the caffeine (stimulant vs. anxiolytic, guess which is more powerful).

My completely uneducated guess is that the theanine is much lower in Coffiest because it is specifically meant as a breakfast item, which will give you a morning jolt. The 2:1 ratio is better suited for an afternoon kick that isn’t overwhelming (since you’re already wide awake).

Also you can buy capsules. They are more expensive but they will spare you the bitter taste of theanine powder. :confounded:

Already have BulkSupplements Pure L-Theanine Powder.

Seeing it offsets caffeine, what are the effects if you don’t include caffeine?
Again just going to add it to my morning 2.0 and then maybe a pepsi in the afternoon

It is an anxiolytic but not quite a sedative, so in low doses (below 400mg) you won’t feel drowsy, just calm. In higher doses you may be able to use it as a sleeping aid, but there are better options.

Why are you taking theanine, if you don’t mind me asking? For anxiety?

I dont mind
I’m in a high stress job, need to even out my day and focus better

If you’re open to adding (or just reading more about) nootropics and supplements, I would recommend www.Examine.com and www.labdoor.com. Examine goes really deep into pharmacokinetics (blood pressure, stress response etc) and Lab Door does purity testing (heavy metals, actual active ingredients).

As for stores, www.ceretropic.com is one of my favorites. They have a lot of concoctions that you won’t find elsewhere and make almost all of their products from in-house chemists. And their reputation is exceptional. www.powdercity.com is also pretty cool, they mostly sell plant extracts and lesser known supplements (rodiola, ashwaghanda etc). You can always get cheap stuff from Amazon but I’m weary of sellers on there because I’ve bought a lot of other stuff from Amazon (with 5 star ratings) that turned out to be junk.

Really Nootropics pills boost our QM scores. All are well known about world most viral Nootropic or magic pill “Limitless NZT 48”. Does really exist in the earth this “Limitless NZT 48”. Probably answer not, but today i will introduce Real-Life Alternative nootropics to Limitless NZT 48