What revolutionary future biotechnology will cure obesity?

Drugs that target the insulin receptor pathway? Gene therapy? Any ideas?

Obesity is caused by food that is mood altering; quickly assimilated carbs. It is a drug, in not so limited sense. Yes, there are cerebral solutions, but if you’re craving a high, rationale is a poor substitute. To beat obesity, you need to mood alter, with a non carb. If all you care about is obesity, I would suggest heroin. But its not as sustainable as I expect you seek. Just the same, if you can’t just “talk yourself” out of the elation that fast carbs offer, it would seem that drugs are the alternative, by definition.

That seems to be a post hoc rationalization of human biology. It is clear that the human body is not optimally designed for human pleasure. What technological or medical interventions into human biology, then, would allow pleasure to be more fully realized in human lives? That is the question.

I hear there’s a cutting edge technique called “diet and exercise” that shows excellent results.

Maybe liposuction will become lipovaporisation? Sounds pretty cutting-edge and futuristic to me.

Or, we can volunteer to turn our planet into an Adipose nursery and watch the fat just walk away. That wouldn’t be an advancement in human technology, though.

There’s an alternative to Soylent called “cooking”.

You probably won’t get anywhere without addressing the microbiome.

Please see my various posts on the exciting world of poking around in people’s poop, for example:

Most likely will be an artificial version of a natural body chemical that lets naturally skinny people eat everything and stay skinny.

Almost 20 years ago a couple of university labs, including what is now the Oregon Health & Science University announced the discovery of LEPTIN https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leptin a natural substance that they could synthesize.

When fed to genetically lethargic and obese lab rats (patent pending) it made them active and skinny.

“Don’t expect this to be a pill you can take for at least 5 years” the newsreader intoned at the time.

Well it’s 15 years overdue.

Most probably Leptin not the magic bullet you seek. At least not all by itself, but it may be part of that magic bullet at some point in the future. Don’t call your stock broker just yet.