What should we call our 5 meals of the day?

Soylent 2.0 is apparently being split into 400 calorie chunks, which corresponds to 5 meals a day. The 3 meals a day are called Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Since this is a new thing, we should create names for these 5 meals!

So what do you think? What should we call the five meals of the day?

Well…

You stole my idea!
How about elevenses, afternoon tea(lent), and supper on top of that?

Woah, you just gave me an idea: meal specific Soylent.

Say the first bottles have added caffeine, the second ones have tea, the third more caffeine, the fourth tea and the fifth melatonin and GABA (to fall asleep easier).

Or any other additives that are specific to the time of day or immediate task at hand.

That is an amazing idea.
The logistics would be a nightmare, but if they sorted that out, it would be good.

Edit: maybe in addition to flavor packs, they can also have other packs like this?

well there is already names for the 5 meals.

1.breakfast
2.pre lunch snack
3.lunch
4.after noon snack
5.Dinner

Well, brunch is already a thing, so there is one.

Then…either lunch and dinner or lunch and supper, so linner, dunch, lupper, or sunch?

Breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner, and dinner has my vote.

Or we could get creative and make up our own fancy sci-fi-ish words instead :grinning:

Soylent 1, soylent 2, soylent 3, soylent 4 and soylent 5 works for me

A meal or some food… What you call your food depending on the time of day is silly to me… (I used to work night shifts for years)

Play our reindeer games, dammit!

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop 'til nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You’ve already had it.
Pippin: We’ve had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
[Aragorn turns and walks away]
Merry: I don’t think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn’t he?
Merry: I wouldn’t count on it.

MEAL CODE 1948327992.01
MEAL CODE 1948327992.02
MEAL CODE 1948327992.03
MEAL CODE 1948327992.04
MEAL CODE 1948327992.05

Perfect.

I was thinking

1. Meal
  2. Meal
  3. Meal
  4. Meal
  5. Meal

Work enough OT on a film and you’ll get “Second Meal” and a few years ago Taco Bell was trying to get us to eat “Fourth Meal” so I think just plain old simple “meal” works well.

I was thinking:

1. Breakfast
  2. Second Breakfast
  3. Lunch
  4. Second Lunch
  5. Dinner

Simple, but it makes the most sense to me in this order. Second dinner doesn’t sound right. Dinner should be the last meal of the day. I’d only accept second dinner if you wake up half way through your sleep cycle to eat again. May also consider mid-night dinner or mid-night supper.

John, Paul, George, Ringo and Pete Best.

Meal penalty! #SAGAFTRA

I swore to myself I wouldn’t respond to this thread. So damn you all for sucking me in…

Breakfast
Brunch
Lunch
Dinner
Supper

One of my favorite things in life (seriously) is Second Sleep. Different then a nap; you wake up, do something for like 20 or 30 minutes, then go back to bed.

As far as dinner being last meal of the day, supper is historically the name for a light evening meal that followed dinner. The term is derived from the French souper, which is related to soup. Dinner itself referred to the first meal of the day, a heavy meal usually eaten about noon.