What will be next?

I take some comfort in being able to identify the exact moment the west fell.

It’ll be one of the following:

1. Inject-able
  2. Suppository
  3. Gaseous (inhaler)
  4. Paste
  5. Soylent Patches

I’d really like a Soylent sport, something for weight lifters and athletes. I know you can just supplement with your own protein powder on top of Soylent powder but it would be cool to see what they could come with as Soylent brand.

What about their water recovery drink?

“water recovery drink”, is that a real thing? Or a fancy way of saying “just drink water”? Link?

From the recent survey.

“Soylent’s enhanced protein water would have functional extras like 7g of protein, caffeine, and electrolytes. The novel use of algal protein has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity and gives this drink a brilliant blue and red color, unprecedented in hydration drinks. Slow-digesting carbohydrates, caffeine, and l-theanine would provide sustained energy.”

Other things from that survey that may (or may not) be a thing:

• “Coffee Soylent 3.0” that would be “a 400 calorie nutritionally complete meal and a cup of coffee in one bottle”. They proposed a cost of $41.99 for 12 bottles. (CHECK)
  • Chocolate flavored 2.1 with “20g of protein and a rich chocolate flavor with a low glycemic index” priced at $40.99 for 12 bottles.
  • “Enhanced Protein Water” that would have "7g of protein, caffeine, and electrolytes.
    The novel use of algal protein has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity and gives this drink a brilliant blue and red color, unprecedented in hydration drinks. Slow-digesting carbohydrates, caffeine, and l-theanine would provide sustained energy. Priced at $24.99 for 12-pack or $2.08 per bottle (didn’t mention bottle size, but other questions mentioned 500mL as a standard size).
  • 4-pack of Soylent 2.0 (instead of the usual 12-pack) at higher price point
  • Larger Soylent 1.6 packs with 5,000 calories for $49.99 each

Recent releases make that bulk powder pricing realistic. Ahhhhhhh!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give CHOCOLATE

If so, hopefully they call it Mococoa.

I once had a friend actually tell me coconut water is “more hydrating” than water. He couldn’t explain it though.

I want Soylent snack chips. Maybe a Soylent warm dip to dip them in. But Soylent Snack Chips would be rad. Soylent Wafers.

I had a similar thought. Soylent nachos.

Because coconut water replaces the electrolytes you lose through sweating, plus it contains sugar for energy, it’s definitely more satisfying (IMO); although I don’t know if it’s technically “more hydrating” than water, that is my subjective experience. It’s more like a sports drink (Gatorade, etc.) than water.

Water? Like out the toilet?

It doesn’t have to be out of the toilet but yeah, that’s the idea.

I love that scene. It’s my favorite scene in the movie. Joe Bauer (aka Not Sure) trying to convince people that Brawndo isn’t the solution to everything reminds me of what it’s like trying to convince people that everything being natural isn’t the perfect solution. Some people just can’t conceive of a reality where Brawndo (or everything being natural) isn’t the optimal solution.

Soylent Bread - $5 per 2000 kcal loaf.

I like the idea, but how would it be cheaper than powder?

Why is that a requirement?

If they can figure out a way to get most of the nutrients from algae, it may be viable. Of course powder would go down in price as well, or they might just discontinue it considering most people would just buy the bread instead. Plus at some point there must be some cost overhead and nutrient loss in turning ingredients into powdered form (like Milk -> powdered milk.)