Why its important to stay hydrated


#1

So… something I learned through various experimentations…

If you allow yourself to be chronically dehydrated, it will provoke constipation (poop too dry to move through your body); after enough constipatiion your body decides “@$%! it, this stuff is going NOW!”, which means you get have diarrhea. Diarrhea causes dehydration, which, if left uncorrected, will lead to constipation…

Moral of the story: make sure you have plenty of water, and aren’t doing anything that dehydrates your body faster than it can replenish itself.

Also, I am not a medical professional, but this seems to be the cause of my (now gone) constipation/diarrhea cycle which I could not find the source of for some time…


#2

Just don’t forget there is a such thing as water toxicity. But you have to drink something like 6 gallons in one day.

I’m also not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.


#3

I’ve had such a cycle in the past, but I chalked it up to my drinking and poor diet at the time (not that they didn’t play a role).


#4

I’ve triggered it from a number of different directions. Usually from the other end (I “forget” I’m lactose intolerant, and have a bought of diarrhea). This is the first time that the cycle started from constipation, for me. And the first time its triggered its own feedback loop.

Thankfully, I discovered this because I got tired of drinking and peeing all the time (fat doesn’t burn cleanly in my body, it seems), and my poop stabilized within days once I did that.


#5

Did you know that, according to various medical professionals, you can actually DIE if you don’t have enough water??? All these years, I thought it was worthless, I just pee it out anyway, but it turns out it’s required by the human body, even though there’s already lots of water just sloshing around in there.

My problem is, I don’t know if chocolate milk counts as water. That’s about 80% of what I drink, with the other 20% being drain cleaner. It’s worked out fine so far, but I worry that these new findings might mean I need to make a change.


#6

ha…ha…ha… So funny :expressionless: