Will I lose or gain weight?

24 :stuck_out_tongue:

In college I could eat crazy amounts of fast food and maintain my fit figure along with working out. But I been out of school almost 2 years now and live with my fiancé so I gave up on working out and just have been eating good (and by good I mean I am never left hungry/big portions). Definitely have put a few pounds on lol.

If eating the way I am will catch up with me later then I want to swap to Soylent but like I’ve said if I end up gaining weight in the process then I’ll pass. Guess I will just have to find out first hand.

Cool cool. What’s your current height and weight? Are you worried about getting overweight, or do you just not want to get any heavier than you are now?

5’9 and 168 (I think).
I don’t want to get heavier than what I am currently since it seems I am slowly gaining weight. Although it would be nice to lose a few pounds and fit into some of my old pants.

1 Like

[quote=“bertthamilton, post:21, topic:24950”]
If eating the way I am will catch up with me later then I want to swap to Soylent but like I’ve said if I end up gaining weight in the process then I’ll pass. Guess I will just have to find out first hand.
[/quote]If you eat more then you burn, you gain weight.
If you eat less then you burn, you lose weight.

There’s no difference between ramen calories, soup calories, McDonalds calories, or Soylent calories. The equation stays the same. In - out = weight change.

The advantage of soylent is that you also get a balanced amount of nutrients along with the calories. Ramen and McDonalds likely give you way too much salt, and lack other things Vitamin C. Soup is probably better, but still not complete.

It’s also easy to measure how many calories you get (with 1.5 powder). So if you want 750 calories, you can measure out 750, if you want 650 you can measure out 650. Of course, nothing stops you from cutting up a ramen or hamburger into appropriate sizes either if you so choose.

Soylent isn’t a new or special kind of food. It’s just easier food.

I’m not sure that theory actually tracks all the way through to the real world.

1 Like

^^Agreed.

My cousin is about to graduate med school and she did a study on how calories don’t really matter if your meals are paired the right way (biochemically). Mainly calories from fat are the big thing.

But ignore that :stuck_out_tongue:

Finally got my Solvent in. Took about a week to come in.

Taste kinda dull. I understand now the Cheerios and Milk flavor everyone is talking about. Isn’t terrible but isn’t the best. I didn’t mind it for dinner! May do it for dinner since there is 20 grams of protein and I eat after working out so I assume that is a good time for it.