Will Soylent ever get its Kosher certification back?

The release notes to Version 1.4 said:

Kosher status
As our number of Soylent production
facilities increases and our ingredient supply diversifies, we have
confronted unexpected challenges in maintaining Soylent’s kosher
certification without facing significant delays in production.

For this reason, we have temporarily suspended Soylent’s kosher
certification, starting with version 1.4. We will reapply for kosher
certification once our expansion has stabilized.

In the 5 months since, shipping times have been dramatically reduced and another new formula has been released, so it seems things have stabilized. However, there has been no new information on the kosher status.

Has Soylent reapplied for certification?
Does the new formula even still have kosher ingredients sans supervision?
Will Soylent be getting certification again any time soon?

I’d love to be able to buy the official version instead of making my own.

Will Soylent ever be Kosher certified?

Appearances can be deceiving.

They still haven’t launched in Europe yet, for instance. I’d call that a pretty massive expansion.

My assumption is that to get kosher cert they would have to get all their new stuff thoroughly inspected, so although they don’t have the certification they probably still are. They’ll get their cert again but I don’t know when.

On the Soylent subreddit, the community manager Conor said the following in answer to a similar question:

Europe is our next market. I believe we might attempt recertification once that expansion happens.

As to your question Does the new formula even still have kosher ingredients sans supervision?, there are two important answers.

First, you can check the ingredient changes in the changelogs section of the release notes (PDF). It looks like from 1.3 (the last hechshered version) to 1.5, the formula was changed by:

• Replacing fish and canola oils with powdered sunflower, canola, and algal oil.
  • Changing the carbohydrate source to a blend of oat flour, corn maltodextrin, isomaltulose, and potato and rice starches.
  • Adding trehalose, carrageenan, and cellulose gum

Second, the sources, producers, and precursors for ingredients can change, even for ingredients that stay the same. These changes would likely have no effect on the nutrition, but could be quite halachically significant.

I hope this information is helpful to you. I also look forward to Soylent being certified kosher!