Would you prefer 500ml Soylent 2.0 bottles?

Definitely 400 ml for me. Definitely.

No wheezing the Ju-u-uice!

I’d rather have 400mL

No.

Yes, when it ships to my country :smile:

the website says it comes in 400 kcal bottles. my mind boggled. so it meant 400 ml? that’s a bit of a relief.

The 2.0 bottles are both 400 calories (kcal) and 400 ml. Soylent is 1 calorie per ml, both 1.5 powdered version (as prepared), and 2.0 liquid version.

2 liters (or 2000 ml) = 2000 calories

It makes the math rather simple when one is determining how many calories per day they would like to consume.

Log your opinions of v2.0 here

I like the 400. I’m still calibrating how much I need to consume on Soylent-only days, but it looks like 1200 cals is going to be the magic number. A full 500 at a time is just too much for me to have in one sitting. Even with a 400 cal bottle I end up grazing on it for an hour or more and sometimes putting a little bit back in the fridge for later. With 1.5, I was usually doing just a 250 cal “snack” glass at a time (plus some flavorings blended in) and even that would take a long time to get down, though part of that was because 1.5 was relatively less appetizing, I think.

Then again, as long as I’m likely to wind up having less than a full bottle at a time anyway, I suppose it doesn’t matter so much whether it’s 400 or 500. If it would cut costs, I’d be totally down for getting, say, a 1L sized bottle and just pouring the amount I want into a glass. (Too big a bottle, though, and I’d be worried about spoilage occurring enough to negate the savings.)

Actually, to get technical, the bottle is 414 mL (at least that’s what the label says). Not sure exactly why RL elects to refer to its bottles in kcal terms, rather than by weight or volume the way the rest of the world does. I suppose it does help in positioning these as meals, rather than drinks, and maintains some comparability with powder.

I vastly prefer the 400 ml bottles. It yields so much more flexibility.

Currently I drink 667kcal at a time (1.5 and DIY). Three meals a day. The 400kcal size means I have to rethink when I eat during the day. It’s not a big deal for me but I would rather have bigger bottles. I think mostly because it makes me feel bad to throw out so many bottles.

On the plus side I check the recycling in my area and they have no problem with the plastic used in the bottles.

Solid Soylent and Liquid Soylent, as well as Solidus Soylent are the three ‘sons’ of Naked Soylent.

Wait, wrong forum.

Our next product will be metalgears.

Agree.

20 characters.

Shipping is ONE factor, true. But it is a BIG factor. I just mailed a package halfway across the country yesterday, it weighed maybe 2 pounds and cost me $10 to ship. The box was about 12in x 12in x 6in The shipping companies charge a lot. I’m sure they get a volume discount but it certainly isn’t cheap.

Look at the number on the bottom of the bottom. In the recycling symbol you’ll see a number 2. That means it is good for recycling. A recycling rating of 1 is the best. You’ll also see the number 5 on the bottom but I think that applies to the wrapping plastic on the bottle which is not recyclable.

While the actual formula is liquid, I’m kind of curious why we can’t get a liquid concentrate in a pouch [1].

This way it would weigh less and be less bulky, which should reduce shipping costs and transportation hassles (depending on concentration, maybe even be able to be carried through TSA checkpoints).

If the pouches themselves could be filled with the appropriate amount of water and sealed securely, then users with easy water sources could add water just before consumption, and those without easy potable water sources (e.g. working on construction sites) could fill them when they’re around water and reseal until consumption.

And depending on the pouch, it could be recycled like regular plastic, biodegradable [2], or recycling can be done by Terracycle [3].

[1] http://www.spoutpouch.net/beverage_packaging , http://www.polynova.com/barrier-pouch-bags/beverage-pouch.html , http://www.beerpouch.com/
[2] http://www.ampaconline.com/innovations/biopouch
[3] http://www.terracycle.com/en-US/brigades/drink-pouch-brigade-r.html

What to do with leftover 2.0 bottles: Build a raft? What's your idea?
Adding water to the 1.5 pouch?
Soylent 2.0 Packaging

Nonsense. The numbers stand for the type of plastic used in the container: 1 = PET, 2= HDPE, 3 = polypropylene, and so forth. You’ll see a 2 on the bottom of the Soylent bottle, which means it’s mainly high-density polyethylene (HDPE). You’ll also see a 7, means “Other” – in the case of Soylent, a very thin layer of another plastic that serves as an oxygen barrier to prevent the product from spoiling.

You should, however, remove the wrapping plastic from Soylent and other plastic-wrapped bottles before recycling.

I was giving a general guide to the numbers. And it isn’t nonsense considering that recycling numbers of 3, 4, and 5 are often not accepted at your typical curb-side recycling pickups. Numbers of 1 and 2 are easily recycled and should be accepted anywhere.