Yet another Oil topic

Thats the way it should be (well atleast the current versions)…once in a while as a quick meal. Or once a day at the most, preferably in place of breakfast. A lot of things have to be changed in it for the next versions (1.2 and above). By saying this i am not implying that you should not try various things with it. The tips here will definitely be helpful atleast for now.

I would have to disagree. Many people seem to be doing fine with 100% Soylent. If someone has issues or just a personal preference to eat less of it and mix their diet with regular food, that’s just fine, but I wouldn’t say “once in a while as a quick meal” is the way it should be consumed. On what do you base this?

Because many people are facing problems taking it all three times. By saying ‘should’ i dint mean like putting a gun to their head and telling them not to. If you (not you but people in general) want to keep issues at a minimum…then its better to consume it once in a while/or day.

Walnut oil has a good omega 6-omega 3 ratio? What do you know about the flavor profile of walnut oil? I am interested to find out.

You may have meant one thing but you said another. And I didn’t say you meant “like putting a gun to their head and telling them not to.” I said “I wouldn’t say “once in a while as a quick meal” is the way it should be consumed.” This is exactly what you said above. I’m not going to say any more about it as this will become argumentative, but I wanted to clarify and suggest that you consider your phrasing more before commenting if you are being misunderstood so much.

I’m not familiar with walnut oil. I suspect it would be expensive.

I’m happy with canola oil in my drink, and fish oil caps with my supplements. Tastes great and hits all my targets, cost is low.

Once in a while as a quick meal is a way it can be consumed, certainly, but a lot of us are making it 80% or 90% or more of our diet. Probably quite a lot of the early adopters. We’re more likely to be people whose relationship with conventional food is–complicated in one way or another.

Use Hemp oil! :wink:

I know what you about the oily mouthfeel @Avistew that’s how my first batch was when I just dumped the powder in, then the water and then the oil and shook it all up in the pitcher for about two minutes. It had an oily taste to it and after you swallowed what you had in your mouth you could still feel the oily texture in your mouth for a few minutes. This is the reason why it took me about 2 hour to choke down about 8 ounces of it, when I would drink meals of it later I would just close my eyes and try to gulp it down as quickly as possible.

Did you try making it in smaller batches? I decided to make a single serving in a blender bottle and dumped the water and powder in together along with 3 ice cubes, shook it for about a minute, added about 2-3 ounces of Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup (squeezed the bottle for about 3-5 seconds) and shook it again for about a minute, then I added the oil and shook it again for about a minute. The taste and texture were far more appealing! I did the same thing for the rest of the bag using the larger pitcher and one blender ball and the texture was still a little grainy but far better than the first attempt!